Post your questions or comments!
14. Look what bag I made. I made it myself. I’m really/very proud of myself.
15. Look what bag I made (for) myself.
Note: by myself, on my own, alone = physicall alone
16. How do you do that? (thinking in terms of a general truth) or How can you do that? (thinking in terms of ability)
Note: You = impersonal; How is that made? = only if it’s not an action, but something you create, so to speak.
17. One never knows. (You never know)
18. He was arrested
Note: when “they” is uninteresting, obvious (boring, like here), unknown, in English the passive is a most likely option.
19. We were told you were away
20. We’re not on speaking terms / We don’t talk to each other / We don’t talk to one another any more
21. There used to be a cinema / movie theater over here
22. It’s close / It’s nearby / It’s near here
23. Probably, she won’t agree / She’ll probably disagree / She’s likely not to agree / It’s likely that she won’t agree
24. Instead (of that), hand me the stapler, please / Instead, pass me the stapler, please
25 Let’s hail/stop/get a taxi. Otherwise, we’ll never get there
Note: call a taxi (phone, or in/on the street)